Sunday, April 19, 2009

Random Weekend Fun

OKAY so I am all caught up on my blogs finally!!! I did screw up the order a little bit though. I added four new blog entries tonight. Here is the correct order in which we did things: Easter at Pawleys Island, Biltmore at Asheville, Hiking at Asheville, and then our weekend fun. So you will have to start a few entries down. Hugs and kisses to MN- Enjoy! : )
Maureen and Chris were back from Germany for a few days to close on their house. They made us try their favorite restaurant in Charlotte- 131 Main- mmmmmm mmmmmm good! I think Erik wanted to go back the next night : )
We also went to the Southpark area (really nice "happenin" community in Charlotte) and sat outside at a wine bar. Very fun and relaxing environment! It was great to see them for a few days... and learn a few things in German: donkey shane (thank you!!!) or something close to that : )

Fun times- beautiful fountain and in the background.

We went to our first Charlotte Knights baseball game this weekend! They are a AAA Minor league team and even had the Twins past player Michael Restovich on their roster. I enjoyed the baseball water tower!
It was a perfect night for baseball at an outdoor stadium. There were a bunch of little kids that ran out with the players right before the game started. When the national anthem started (the children's choir at the bottom of the screen sang), all of the little kids on the field were playing tag and rolling in the dirt. Kind of funny.

These are the Knights mascots: Caroline in purple and Homer in white. They are dragons- we don't really know why, but they were pretty entertaining. I even got to high-five Caroline... I was so nervous!!! ; )

We wanted to get the field in the background, but that just wasn't working.

Every weekend, we skype with Meg and Joe and have cocktail hour and catch up on our weeks... it's a great time : ) Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Michael play??? He is SO cute - I watched him play BB at Mayo. He just hasn't made it in the majors as anticipated. Love all your updates and pictures - beautiful flowers. We enjoyed our 70's for a few days but now 40's again. Lovin & Missin You guys

Whitney Bestor said...

yay for good blogging! Again showing me up... Great pictures though! how fun! and good weather! I bet our minnesotans are a bit jealous...haha oh and yay for miss north carolina winning miss usa?!?

Kyra Jo said...

Michael did play! He was just a DH for this game though... still fun to watch :)
Whit, how could I "show up" THE DAVID pictures?!?! haha