Apparently in Charlotte, we celebrate Dos de Mayo (or May 2th as our Hispanic friends at Salsas like to call it) instead of Cinco de Mayo! One of our favorite local restaurants, Salsas, had an early Cinco de Mayo celebration over the weekend. It was a gorgeous evening and VERY entertaining (especially the people watching)! : )
This sign only said May 2.... hmmm. Wait for it.......................

YES! MAY 2TH CELEBRATION! Love it- for some reason, this was so funny to Erik and I.

I tried to be very colorful for the celebration. It's tough to see, but they had colorful flags hung all over in the background, a beer/margarita tent, live music and many people out salsa dancing! Don't worry though... Erik and I showed them how to dance.

The band! The trumpet player was soooo good and perfect for the little Mariachi band. Yes, I am still a nerd for noticing that, but I really enjoyed it!
I was trying to take a picture of us and was apparently looking VERY special trying to do so, so a nice mister offered to take one of us. It turned out way better than my attempts.
Erik likes to tell me, "Hey Kyra take off your white bikini"
Yes, I am wearing a strapless top and no I don't have on a white bikini. Tan lines happen.
LOVE TO ALL and see some of you very soon in May! : )
10 comments:
Good job for posting toobies! :) Thanks! Sophie says "2th" too! she also says "3th"...
p.s. be lucky you have tan lines!!! :)
p.s.s. can't wait to see you... 10 dayS!
p.s.s.s. love
p.s.s.s.s. i can't stand people who add p's instead of s's when doing multiple p.s.'s
p.s.s.s.s.s.s. P.S. stands for Post Scriptum which is a latin word for "after writing"
HOLA! Happy (real) Cinco de Mayo! (on the real date of May 5rd!) It looked like a fun time as usual and the margarita's always taste better outside! El Molino hasn't advertised quite the same party but you never know - Nadie is always entertaining! (or is he just entertained by us silly people?!?) We'll give you a call from our fiesta!
p.s. and she HAD to slip that teaching thing in there again!
p.p.s. I really don't have another p.s. but I wanted to do it wrong just to bug her!
p.p.p.s. LOVE you all!!!
p.p.p.p.s. ADIOS!
LOL mom added extra "P's" to upset yana!!! AND AND AND yana taught us all a little something. you guys are TDF. : )
sank u
gong
haha kyra if it makes you feel better I celebrated "say duh mahjo" (sei de maggio--6th of may in italian) we tried to go out for cinco de mayo but the nightlife starts so late here it was after midnight before we left the house!
p.s. we kept telling ourselves it was still the 5th of may in the states
p.p.s.s. i didn't actually get a margarita to drink :(
p.p.p.s.s.s. i didn't even get a corona.
p.p.p.p.s.s.s.s. i had a guinness instead.
p.p.p.p.p.s.s.s.s.s notice how i'm adding the same amount of p's and s's?!? i'm staying neutral. call me switzerland!
p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s.s.s.s.s.s. yay for going home to minnesota in may!
p.s.p.s.p.s.p.s. someone should explain Whitney's "call me Switzerland" comment to Kyra!!
(we sure love you though)
gong
Boy I'm WAY out of the loop - is this 9th de Mayo??? I don't know spanish for nine, or any other number as far as that goes. Can hardly wait for HUGS in 6 & 7 days.
Dacia has a very special ERIK - she's so proud.
P.LUV
S.Ya
What's GONG?
haha switzerland is the neutral country of europe... always stays out of trouble!! like me!!
p.s. nama, you can use either nueve (spanish), nove (italian), neuf (french), negen (dutch), or neun (german)..... or use babelfish.yahoo.com for any other translation needs :)
by the way... my word i have to type in so that i can actually post this and prove i'm not a robot is "lamcoc" teehee!! :)
So, where have I been when the gleisner girls were having so much fun with their p's and s's and such!!!! We had Chinco De Mayonaise at the Bestor's with the bestest Margaritas EVER! Ty should be Mexican for how good he makes them! It sounds like it should be semona de mayo! (check babelfish nama)And I DO have an awesome Erik at my house:) He even comes with a bell! How about yours Kyra? Have a good trip home for your vaycay and your chance to lose that nasty tan:)
post scrotum: Love ya!
post dos scrotum: do i get points for spelling it out Jana or yanni or whatever your teacher name is?
post tres scrotum: what is an "ingshmin"?
IT IS NOT REALLY POST-SCROTUM, IS IT!?!?!? oh my gosh i learn so many new things on here! switzlerland is neutral you know... just like whitney and like judge judy. she has to stay neutral to make an educated decision in court.
im so confused - dacia stole my erik and put a bell on him? sometimes i think he needs a bell because he wanders off like a little boy and i dont know where he goes (like in grocery stores or malls, etc). he needs a bell or a leash!!!
gramma, "gong" is what you do after you say "sank you" (asian way of saying thank you). the proper thing to do after sank you is bow and gong. LOOK AT ME TEACHING THINGS!
love to you all!!!
Post a Comment