Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fun in the sun!


We had about 5-6 days of beautiful sunny and 70s-80s weather! Erik and I kept saying to each other how much we felt like we were on vacation with such amazing weather in March! Although it was about 15 degrees above average, and we have had cooler temps and rain ever since..... it was so great and we were happy to share it with our friends, Cal and Kelsie! Cal is a good friend of ours and he and his girlfriend Kelsie decided to take a roadtrip down our way (from MN) on their spring break. Good times were definitely had by all!


This was the first nice day- I got up and went for a jog outside which felt awesome! I came back and rubbed it in to my mom a little (I know, really cruel) and then Erik got brownie points when he took a picture because what else do you do when its that nice out?! : ) So, mom, this is me talking to you on our deck after my run.

After I got cleaned up, I came back outside to find the HAPPIEST Erik ever.... drinking water out of his Tommy Bahama glass ("cuz that's what you do when it's nice outside") and listening to some reggae music while working on his tan a bit.

They're here! The boys decided to try out the new grills at our complex. They made us a tasty meal of steak, potatoes and fresh fruit.
Flat Stanley got to visit and enjoy the beautiful weather as well! My cousin, Haylee, sent him to me for a classroom project she was doing. Although Stanley got here a little late (due to our change of address), he got here just in time for the fun and the sun! He is wearing swim trunks and has his beach ball all ready to go!

This is SUCH a mom pic... just so you guys can put yourselves in our shoes and enjoy exactly what we were enjoying. It was a gorgeous day and although the pool was a little chilly, it didn't stop us!


Erik wanted to play too!


HAPPINESS.Yep, this would happen to Cal. For all of you who know Cal, this makes perfect sense.... a burnt to the crisp belly with a sunscreened smiley face! : ) He bathed in our aloe for the rest of their time down here.

Mini golf! Although it took the toothless lady a few attempts at taking this picture, we finally got a group shot before our mini golf adventure. Let's just say we were all bad.... but I was the only one who didn't get a hole in one. : (

Erik got a hole in one here and I wanted to be cool and pose with him!

After an exhausting round of mini golf (we walked all 18 holes- lol), we sat outside at Lake Wylie for some dinner and drinks (and amazing people watching!)

Kelsie and I at our favorite... SALSAS!
Erik and Cal.... and Cal smiling nicely for a picture!

Salsas had one of those cool bench-thingies that absolutely will not break no matter how hard you bounce on it (yes Cal and Erik tried). So we played on it for a while and then got someone to take a picture of us. This is the same bench that Aunt Mary and Uncle Kevin have on their front porch! Apparently they are big down here.
Overall- a great "vacation" for us all : ) Happy warmer temps to all of you back in MN! I hear it's in the 50s today!!!

4 comments:

Dana K said...

Thanks for sharing your "vacation" pics with us - looks like fun in the sun! I hope it returns in a week or so for our visit cuz we're ready for it! Although we've had glimmers of hope for spring's arrival the last couple of days. Dad and I are going to walk around (not across) the lake this afternoon! It looks like you had a great time with Cal & Kelsie. Bonus points for the special "Dana" pictures!!! Talk soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures again Char - I survived our trip to the mall, they even found me an outfit!! My reward was nummy margarita's at Elsomething - where we could flirt with the waiter. Ruby was flirting in spanish - not fair. I wish I had a LAKE to walk around but I do have slushy, dirty roads to walk on and plan to in a bit here. Keep on having fun - Love Ya

Jana said...

Thanks for updating this, tithalicious! I am jealous of the nice weather and can't wait to have more of the same when we come in 10 days! Surprised you didn't take a picture of you and your new Geo Metro yet, I'm sure it's a beauty! I get to SEE you soon!!! and not just on Skype - woohoo! Loverlies!

GREAT Aunt Lani said...

Oh, to be young and in love!! Enjoy every bit of it. We have nice weather and wind in MN--so we won't get sunburned! I can at least walk outside now without falling on the ice. Love, GREAT Aunt Lani