Monday, March 9, 2009

February 2009 - Pawleys Island trip and random pics from Charlotte

This is so overdue, so I will first apologize! So sorry! These pics are old, but I wanted to put them up before I put more current (and sunny) ones up : ) The first few are from our trip to Pawleys Island, SC, a few weekends ago. It was a wonderful little getaway, although it rained all weekend! We can't wait to get back there and enjoy the beach and love from our Aunt/Uncle!
This is the back view of Mary and Kevin's house in Pawleys Island, SC. It is gorgeous (even on a cloudy day) and their view is amazing! We spent quite a bit of time on their porch just enjoying the warm, fresh air... and we stayed dry under there as well!

So, I wake up on Saturday morning to find Erik outside on Mary and Kevin's dock fishing IN THE RAIN. He wanted to fish that bad. He didn't have bait and didn't catch anything, but he sure was a happy boy! : )
We went out to eat at our favorite Pawleys Island restaurant, Franks, which is a 5 minute walk from their house. We got to eat outside and enjoy the atmosphere. Chip makes the best manhattans, right Mary? Cheers!

One of our favorite places to eat (we are easy to please) - we have kinda made it a Sunday ritual as long as we can sit outside!

Our favorite spot at home!
Erik at his happiest... book, sun and fresh air!

This was a sunny/mild weekend afternoon and we decided to explore a new part of Charlotte (the Dillworth community) while getting some fresh air. We could see the uptown area from where we were walking too (you can kinda see the skyscrapers in the background)... it is a rich/nice community right outside of the metro.

Beautiful scenery - massive trees, old houses, and a beautiful neighborhood.
Super random that I took this picture... but I thought the church looked gorgeous- especially with the bright blue sky in the background!

After a long walk around Charlotte, SMOOTHIE KING tasted awesome (it's the closest to "Jamba Juice" that I can find here)


***MORE PICS COMING SOON! I PROMISE! We have had temps in the 70s-80s+ and sun for the past 5 days and it looks like it'll only last one more day before the rain comes. I don't feel quite as guilty sitting inside on the computer when it is raining out : ) Love to you all!

4 comments:

Dana K said...

Thank you for the update - it is greatly appreciated! And I call "save" on one of the loungers on your balcony for March 25th! I've been on the computer most of the night - I don't feel so guilty being inside when it's a FREEK'N BLIZZARD outside!!!! Miss ya - brrrrr! Love, MA

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Love to see the new pics -
and more of the Charlotte area. Beautiful BLUE sky - I THINK I remember what that looks like!?!?!
zero here this morning - We prob won't see 70's 'til JUNE. Love ya Lots -

GREAT Aunt Lani said...

Thanks for the pictures-I was afraid all you were doing was working! I LOVE MN and cold weather-then I don't have to go outside and exercise!!

Auntie M said...

Glad to see the old place is still standing! Made me kind of homesick actually. We'll be back in a few weeks so let's plan your next visit SOON! Chip misses us :>)