Sunday, July 19, 2009
Pool, friends and trying to canoe...
Here are a few random pictures from the past two weekends... they have been fun, relaxing and quite entertaining (as always). We are excited to spend next weekend in Pawleys Island and Charleston with Dana and Jana!!! They arrive on Wednesday and are here until next Monday. It's the last hurrah for these "Summers-Off" ladies! Hope we make it a good one for them!
Our apartment complex had a pool party and the walrus decided to make an appearance!!
I totally won the poolside limbo contest (okay okay I tied with a bendy little 5'0 girl... but it was still fun)! Thank you, yoga : )
There was a DJ at our pool party and he wanted all of the kids to get up and do the cuban slide... it was super cute and they all got really into it UNTIL a way too skinny drunk girl got up and shook her (inverted) butt... you can kinda see her in the brown top/white bottom with a cup in her hand. It was so awkward and everyone was just laughing at her thinking she was hot stuff - I wish I had video of it!
More of this girl trying to dance with the kids...
Side view of my haircut.... I like it 80% of the time. I think it's fun/cute when I actually get to do it, but I sweat so dang much down here with my job, so then it just kinda hangs. I do love that I can go to a beauty school and have it done for cheap, but NOTHING compares to Auntie Dacia and Holly back in Waseca. : )
MY BUDDIES from work... they come to all my classes! : ) Faby is on the left and Rebekah is on the right. They are so great and will be moving to the Ayrsley community in a month to be roomies together in a different condo complex! Can't wait to have them so close!
Another pic of the girls... cocktails by the pool. It was a gorgeous night! I'm totally used to their accents, but Faby (on the left) is originally from Bolivia, but also lived in Texas before she moved here- she has a combination accent that cracks me up! Bekah is born and raised in the south... such a thick southern accent- love it!
Erik got to come to girls night!!! He fit in just great : ) Erik and Bekah are showing off their "light-up" plastic wine glasses (so what if they say "ho ho ho" and are hand-me-downs from Aunt Mary)
Today (7/19) we drove 30-40 minutes north to the Lake Norman area. We did a little workout at that YMCA and then enjoyed their pool/lake area (connected to the Y). We rented a canoe for an hour... you'd think we'd be good at it since we enjoy being active. NOPE. We zig zag our way everywhere we go! Seriously I don't think you could find a worse canoe couple. We sure had fun doing it though!
We were, however, really good at lounging in the middle of the lake and enjoying the scenery! It was a great day and we have had a gorgeous (85, sunny, low humidity) weekend! It looks like things will be tropical (high humidity and a few random evening storms) for Ma and Sister K to come visit! See ya at the next blog post : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank you -as always for a GREAT blog entry. I love pictures and they are even better with commentary. I still wonder--Do you work? You have WAY too much fun!!
Fun times! I'm just so proud that you've gotten better at remembering to use your camera! :) That was good stuff but I sure hope you do a blog entry to honor Erik with his new trophy!!! Mr. Rookie of the Year -and it wasn't even for the bar walk! We'll be there in 12 hours so I better finish packing pretty soon! Have fun in the cell phone lot!!! ;)
TROPHY? okay Erik how did you earn that?? Super husband of the year??
So fun to hear what you two try for an adventure every weekend. Hope you all are having fun at PI and Charleston - Love to All
vitylses
mourding
Post a Comment