Friday, July 10, 2009

Hooray for Uncle Sam!

Happy 4th of July (a week late)! Although I did miss the annual 4th of July Harmony trip... I have to say that this was an experience like no other! We left Friday (the 3rd) around 12:30pm after Erik was home from work and then got back late Sunday night. We definitely made the most of the beautiful weekend and the amazing people watching : )



Erik out on Mary and Kev's dock- I think he found the water before I even got into the house! He must like it or something...

HAPPY BOYS!!!


It was quite a peaceful boat cruise and well worth the 4 hour drive previous to the wonderful evening


We have totally radical 4th of July tatoos on our arms... mine is a heart with USA inside of it, Erik's is a flag (dont ask how we convinced him to put it on) and Mary's says USA in big letters. I like Mary's bad-ass face("butt," G-ma Chubby... I meant, to say "bad-butt"). Too funny!


Erik, give me your most manly pose with your extra manly sparkly/glittery tatoo!


This float was adorable- I think it won "most creative" or something like that. It's a bunch of kids dressed like crabs inside a cage-like thing and they are chanting "Eat more fish!" They were advertising Fish-Fil-A (as opposed to Chick-Fil-A). : )


Live music- as close to a marching band as we got : )


Superman with an American flag?


HAVE to have a hammock in the Pawleys Island parade.... we were trying to figure out if it was from Mary and Kevin's store : )


This was great- wish I would have gotten a better picture. This guy was dressed up as the mistress and "soulmate" Gov. Mark Sanford of SC. There were a lot of floats making fun of him- we enjoyed it since he's an idiot.
Cute and patriotic

Crazy paper mah-shay (when i dont know how to spell things, i just spell them how they sound) rocket thingy

THERE WE GO! Now I feel more at home ..... TRACTOR! : )

Erik and Mary walking back from the parade... sweaty and ready to get into the ocean!

So so happy.... tattoo STILL on (which makes for a great tan line as you'll see later)


A) really?!?! people really still use metal detectors?!
B) you are on a beautiful beach on probably the busiest beach day of the year and you are choosing walk around sweating bullets trying to find coins?
C) you live on pawleys island. is finding $1.25 really gonna make or break your million dollar beach home?!

This dude spent alllllllllllllll day creating this huge sand castle. We left before he was finished but what he had already was pretty impressive!


I tried to be patriotic with my toes (thanks to Darlene's nail polish)... The flags on my big toes (or my cobra toes as yana calls them) turned out the best- the other ones were special. Erik said the red stars on my pinky toes just looked like they were bleeding. Lol thanks hun!

YUMMMM - us ladies were enjoying the fruit kabobs i made.... slaved on them for hours and hours ; )

Boys will be boys- playing with the boats (Luc thinking he gets a ride again)

Bean bag toss (or CORNHOLE as they call it down here)!!! I love that it was red white and blue too! Larry and Kevin here are playing....

Erik and Michael on the other side
Luc was chasing the bags around for a while

You can call us the cheerleaders! (wish you could see the SNEAKERS i was wearing... erik has me calling them sneakers. seriously who says sneakers. anyway, i injured my foot and wore sneakers with a skirt. it was sexy. if you'd like to hear the story, id be glad to tell you) : )

Like I said earlier.... the tatoo made for a great tanline : )

Grillin burgers!

Out on the dock watching fireworks all around us! I think we were laughing at Erik trying to take the picture. He just kept flashing the camera because it was pitch black and he had to guess where to aim.............. it was funnier at the time I think : )

Darlene and Michael bein goofy... ready to go back home on their boat. LOVE that they travel to each other's houses by boat. We hope they made it home safely : )
Erik is already telling Luc how much he will miss him and we haven't even left yet!

We went to another beach on Sunday - in a very nice, secluded area called "Deb-a-doo" (it's spelled something like Deboirdeau or something... its French). Here, Mary and I are at the tiki bar watching Roddick ALMOST defeat Federer.

Cheers on a Sunday! We never do that... it was kinda fun... especially when the bartender was making pina coladas (Aka slushies- lol)

MY FIRST REAL LIVE GATOR!

I guess deer like Pawleys Island too!

Everyone has like 8 cars and golf carts in this development... the golf carts were all decorated because there was a golf cart parade there on Saturday! So great


Next blog will be..... hmm.... maybe my new rockin' trying hard to be stylish haircut, maybe some pics from the weekend if we do anything super cool, and definitely looking forward to Mama and Toobs coming here in a few weeks! They get to experience Pawleys Island as well!
Love to all!

7 comments:

Dana K said...

Great pictures and commentary once again - Bravo! Looks like you had a fun holiday weekend at P.I. I look forward to seeing it for myself soon! (crocs included please!) The bad ass tats were a nice way to display your patriotic pride! Erik looked like Bruno in his "manly" photo! It looked like your parade had Harmony's beat pretty easily. I don't recall any crabs or mistresses in the one we saw!?! And were you reading a BOOK on the beach??? Erik is a bad influence on you! And who wears sneakers, trousers, and drinks soda anyway?!? I'll have to "fix" him during our next visit! Him and Luc are priceless together though! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy this weekend poolside instead of sea side!!!

Anonymous said...

ENSTSA TO YOU THIS MORNING!!! gong \Loved your holiday weekend reporting and pictures - you are such a good blogger and I look forward to them every week. I checked a few times looking for them - Thank You - Nine months later and you're STILL on vacation, good for you.
We're having a Schmidt reunion at the cabin Sunday so busy getting ready for that - complete with fireworks too. Miss Ya Much G-ma

GREAT Aunt Lani said...

I beg to differ with your mom that your parade has Harmony's beat!! You didn't have Baby Amelia to watch it with!! Looks like another great time--do you really work?? GREAT Aunt Lani

Dana K said...

Spoken like a true Grandma!!! I suppose she's right! :)

Anonymous said...

Another great blog Kyra! I too always look forward to seeing what fun things you do each weekend! I wish I had an Aunt Mary!! LOL
You should have been with us last night at the game...good times. I believe on our walk back to St. Anthony Main your dad's comment to your mom was "Do we have to keep stopping every 6 ft to take ANOTHER picture of the I35 bridge?!?!?!"
It was so prrreeeeety though!
I look forward to seeing pics of the limbo contest!
Gong!

Jana said...

Thanks for the blog update, tithy! Glad you guys had a fun 4th of July weekend. Your TATS were pretty cool - ha. Erik is so manly, I can see why you picked him for sure. I decided that when I meet Luc, I am going to find his eyes. I also decided that your cobra toes have not gotten any cuter, even with flags on them. Your floats definitely looked better than the 23 tractors and 49 ambulances I saw in the Harmony parade. :) See you soon - yay! Love!
p.s. ansups
p.s.s. GONG

Kyra Jo said...

you all crack me up!!!
MAMA K- im not allowing you to get close to crocs when you come to PI... im afraid of how "close" you will get just to get the "perfect picture!"
CHUBBY and LANI- yes i promise we do work. would you like me to blog about that? we are so blessed now though that we get to have so much fun on the weekends! however, i do wish i could see baby amelia!
JAYNE- gong! dad's comment sounds just about right and i probably would have backed him up too :)
TOOBS- luc loses his eyes when he smiles for pics (just like lani). mary puts a barrette in his bangs so we can see his eyes but he always finds a way to take it out. ummm my cobra toes say hello by the way. they are pretty.

LOVE TO ALL!!!