Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ma and Pa Kingsley come visit Charlotte!

WELCOME mat #3.... How'd I do, Toobs? : )


It's hard to see... but mom managed to get yet ANOTHER picture of the "Welcome to Charlotte" sign when comnig out of the airport....... it gets more exciting every time! : )


First stop: OMAR!!!! In the spring, when Jana and Dana were here to visit, we stopped at Chick-Fil-A (major fast food chain down here) and Jana found the love of her life, Omar (in the picture with the visor). He's very hard to explain through words... you just have to experience Omar in person. Either way, we got to stop back at Chick-Fil-A so that Dad could experience all that it has to offer. : )


Home sweet home- relaxing on the balcony waiting for Erik to get home so we can play!



Out for a nice leisurely walk around the Ayrsley community (LEISURELY... triathlon the next morning) : )


COOL DUDES (insert growl here) in their matching skull t-shirts! It was skull t-shirt Friday, ya know.


GOOD TO SEE YOU DAD!!!

Thanks for the special "Family" picture book you made us, Toobs. We love it (even though we know you made so that we'd miss you all even more and come home) ; )


Toobs, it's okay. Mom and Dad told me that you were #2 daughter!!! That's super close to #1.


This is the life.... (mom and dad)


Dad diving in the 1ft deep water... We told him he had to stay on the shallow end (even though the deep end was only 4ft deep) - lol.

Out for a nice dinner after a big day of triathlon-ing!


Cheers!
Mom and I got flirtinis.... are you jealous, Meg?


After dinner, we took mom and dad to T-Bones and the Drunken Parrot. Just the name in itself is great. It is a restaurant/bar on Lake Wylie. Mom got a lot of great duck/water/wildlife pictures so she was happy.


So happy to have you guys here in Charlotte!


Smile for a nice Fathers Day picture in the pool......


Okay, not so nice Fathers Day picture.... Kyra is going under.



Yep there she goes! DUNKED!



Let's try this again- CHEEEEEEEEEESE! (Al and Kyra style)

We can clean up nicely and smile nicely.... once in a while!!!

"HEY we're cute too- take a picture of us!!!"


Playing on the elastic bendy board bench swing thingy at SALSAS!!! (Dad picked it for his Fathers Day dinner... great choice!)

Things got silly (as they usually do with margaritas) and Al and Kyra put on a show : )


Sitting on the deck, watching the headlights on the airplanes coming in... it never got old, did it Dad??

POPCORN TIME! Erik is such a suck-up helper. Always mom's favorite!


Popcorn party to finish up our wonderful evening!


I brought ma and pa into work (at Maersk) on Monday so that dad could see what it's like. This lady, Cindy, made me a towel that says "Kyra Drill Sergaent" and towels for others that say, "Kyra's Boot Camp." It's cute and one of the most fun classes to teach here- outside workout: sweat, blood and tears! (Okay, so maybe just the sweat part).

Teaching Dad how to properly work his abs so that he doesn't get lumps on the top of his feet anymore from shoving them under the couch : ) LOVE YA DAD.


While we were at work on Monday, mom and dad went to enjoy the beautiful nature around here.... Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens and the McDowell Nature Preserve.




Somehow dad found puppets and put on a puppet show?!?! Only Al.


Dad was bribed with lunch at TBones after the "marathon" of nature parks with mom : )


Grilling and enjoying one last evening in Charlotte!


Playing football- Erik was so happy to have Al to play with! I played too, but mom was too busy being "Kate plus eight"

LOL quick story.... so when mom was out at the pool alone after our triathlon, the "gong show" (aka drunken crew on saturdays) was entertaining as always and one of the girls came up to mom and asked her if she was "Kate plus eight." The girl said that she wouldn't tell anyone that she was hiding out here in Charlotte and that she was cheating on Jon (with dad). Seriously amazing. Glad you got to experience that, mom! (aka Kate)


LOVE seeing Dad so relaxed... he was "marathoning" it in the sun : )

Time to go back to MN.... thanks for visiting guys! What a great time : )


OOOOOOOOOOSHEY BOOOOOOOSHEY Gus-Gus and Pearl greeted Mom and Dad at the airport (ohhhh and Jana did too) : ) I promise they were equally excited to see you too, Yana!


Ohhhh Pearl is just too excited and happy to even open her eyes!

5 comments:

Dana K said...

Actually, I was squeezing Pearl so tight that she had "Lani eyes"!Hey - nice recap of our fun visit with you!! I'm not so sure dad needed THAT many pictures though!?! (nobody tell Ella) I'm pretty sure I took more pretty flower, bird, and nature pictures that you forgot to post!! We really enjoyed our time with you - relaxing in the sun, eating and drinking too much, and of course watching those ram plane headlights! You are awesome hosts and live in a beautiful area so because of that I'll be back in 23 days!!! (gotta love me!) Your blog is the best - thanks for keeping us entertained with it!
Love, Kate plus Eight
"but that's not Jon"!!
p.s. clanto
p.s.s. I bet most people didn't know you had a welcome mat collection!?!
p.s.s.s. Jayne D. isn't so sure she understands some of our back and forth comments?!? Just play along Jayne - you don't have to "get it"!!! HAPPY B-DAY GONG!!!
p.s.s.s.s. How are my little brother and sister mockingbirds doing? Pictures please!!!

Jana said...

a) the welcome mat... umm - it's BETTER?!? However, mom and I found just the perfect one for you... we'll have to get you Welcome Mat #4
b) thank you for putting a picture of my future husband on here... he sure is intelligent, not to mention attractive. I'm glad dad got to experience him. Nothing like getting a first impression of Charlotte!
c) that was nice of Erik to included Dad in "skull t-shirt Friday"
d) just so you know... the #1 daughter license is NOT an original... I have one too, but mine says BEST IN THE WORLD EVER
e) glad to see you kept dad at an appropriate depth considering his swimming experiences... where's his life jacket?
f) I feel for mom and Erik for having to put up with you two crazies (you and dad... duh)
g) I am super not happy that I didn't get to play on the rubber-bandy-bendy bench thing-a-ma-jigger. I really want to when I come in a couple of weeks!
h) Yes, I came to pick them up at the airport... however, I was more of a cab driver as they rode in the back with the puppies the whole way home :)
i) good job blogging so much toobs! You're a good blogger!
j) J is for Jana
k) DIUMBI
l) LOVE

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your blog and the past two were no exceptions! You Kingsleys sure know how to have some fun!!
Yes, Dana I still don't understand the game so not sure I can play...but...
p.s. I like doormat #3
p.s.s. Your mom does look a bit like Kate...hmmmm
p.s.s.s. Where do I place the scrotim thingy in here??#@?
Gong
p.p.s.s.Your pool looks like so much fun I think I need to come there for a visit!

Jana said...

GOOD JOB JAYNE!
I'm so proud of you for playing our games! :)
p.s. traggorm
GONG

Dana K said...

WOW Jayne - welcome to the club - the more the merrier!!! And you seem to be a natural!?! I especially liked "p.p.s.s". Nice work - I think that one is original! The pool is nice and you will have to come to their resort some time and then we can take you to Salsa's too and you can ride the horsies on the giant chess board! A joint trip to Charlotte is a must...some day! Have fun with Lindsay tomorrow night!
Kate.....hmmmmmm
p.s. essionse Gong
p.s.s. my ovaries looked good :)
p.p.s.s. I wanted to try it out!